I am not an animal lover. Which doesn’t necessarily make me an animal hater. In fact, I had a pet once who was one of the cutest kitties ever, if you could ignore the way she went for calves like they were fresh meat and the little worm pellets she left behind after a nap.
I actually loved that kitty so hard that I cried every day for a month when I had to get rid of her, but it was either her life or mine. Turns out, cats give me asthma, and dogs don’t treat me much better.
That kitty could possibly have been my first and last pet ever, which is sort of a tragedy because there is a four year-old boy in the next room who would go nuts over a fluffy new kitten. Or even a cute little dog.
Yeah, sure there are allergy-friendly dogs. But we all know who will get stuck taking care of that dog, and if there is one thing I hate in this world it’s dog #$&% (not to mention the slobber and the shedding).
Despite my intolerance for most things furry, I don’t dare set foot in an animal shelter because there is a chance I might leave as the regretful owner of five cats and dogs.
I am all for other people taking home pets, and I know there are so many animals waiting to be adopted- animals who need medicine, grooming, and food. And if I recall, cats (and dogs, I am sure) eat a lot.
So when I heard about blogger Abby Heugel’s book Abby Has Issues I got so excited because I, too, have issues, but also because the proceeds from Abby’s book go to the Humane Society. And I am all about taking care of the kitties and puppies, as long as I don’t have to do it.
Abby Has Issues is light and honest- a refreshing diversion from the historical fiction and political texts I usually read (*cough* yeah right *cough*). Yes, you can read the same material on her blog for free. But if your blog reader is anything like mine you’ve got posts backed up from Easter because there just isn’t time to read online. Plus, there is something about reading an actual book that cannot be matched by a computer screen.
Abby’s book can be purchased through Amazon (help save a kitty!). We are also giving away a copy of Abby Has Issues to one reader!
- Leave a comment to enter.
For extra entries (please leave each one as an individual comment and, as always, if you already do it, it counts):
- Follow @AbbyHasIssues on Twitter
- Follow This Blogger Makes Fun of Stuff through RSS or email
- Like This Blogger Makes Fun of Stuff on Facebook
- Follow @MakesFun on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway (1/day) by clicking the twitter button on the bottom or by cutting and pasting the following message: I helped save a kitten by entering this book giveaway from @AbbyHasIssues and @MakesFun http://www.makesfunofstuff.com/?p=1176 #giveaway
- Facebook about this giveaway (1/day) by clicking the the Facebook button at the bottom of this post or by cutting and pasting the following message: I helped save a kitten by entering this book giveaway from Abby Has Issues and This Blogger Makes Fun of Stuff http://www.makesfunofstuff.com/?p=1176
Giveaway ends on Sunday, January 29 at 11:59 p.m. EST. The winner will be emailed by Wednesday and has 48 hours to reply before we choose a new winner.
Disclaimer: I was given a copy of Abby Has Issues for the purpose of this review. I am also an Amazon affiliate, so should you choose to purchase the book using the link above, I will receive a small percentage as compensation.