We’re down to the wire. Less than a week before Christmas and you still have finished your shopping. You have no idea what to get your brother-in-law, your son’s teacher, and your father. I say, when all else fails, give food.
Here are five fantastic food gifts guaranteed to bring smiles:
1. Harry and David Moose Munch: Chocolate and caramel covered popcorn with nuts. When I was in my early 20′s I worked at Harry and David. At the time, you had a choice of two flavors. Now, there’s ten. And they’re sold everywhere from Target to Michael’s to Harry and David store to directly online. No matter what your giftee’s taste, a bag of moose munch will hit the spot.
2. Penzey’s Spices: Given to me as a wedding gift, it became my go-to gift for the hard to shop giftee. Penzey’s is a great spice company with a huge selection of, well, spices. How huge? There are eleven cinnamon options. Eleven. And don’t even start on the peppers. With gift sets starting at under $9, it’s a pretty easy way to send something yummy.
3. Tropical Chocolate Company: Okay. This one is a bit pricey. But so worth it. The first time I tried Tropical Chocolate Company was at a tomato sale. The company had a small table set up with samples. I could have easily sat there all day. My first bite of the peach chipotle made my knees weak. When I tasted the lavender milk chocolate, I knew I was in heaven.
4. Brown Butter Cookie Company: A few years ago, before salted caramel made a huge splash in the food world, Brown Butter Cookie Company was a local shop that made delicious cookies with a little something extra – a bit of salt sprinkled on top. The first time I tried these local favorites, I was leery. Who puts salt on cookies? Geniuses, that’s who.
I’m saving the most important for last…
5. Feeding America: The stats are shocking. The facts are eye-opening. The truth is 1 in 6 Americans go hungry. Feeding America is an amazing organization working to change that. There are so many ways to give to this amazing organization, one of which is monetary contributions in the name of your giftee. And what better way to celebrate the season of giving with a gift that gives.